Wednesday, November 10, 2010

USA 1

Team trials has finished and I am back in Lake Placid for training before heading out again. Just to catch everyone up I finished trials as USA 1. I won the first 3 races and finished 3rd in the last race. It was stressful but well worth it. I broke the start record in Park City, pushed a 4.94! Talk about crazy!

I am ready to get the world cup season started, I had a great summer of training. All of my lifts improved and my sprints were faster. Despite getting bit by a dog (just on the hand), I'd say it was near perfect! I did a lot of pushing on the treadmill this summer, you can put the treadmill on manual we have a wooden set up to hold on and push for as long as we'd like. I think that helped me a lot this summer. I spent a lot of time learning how to keeps my butt down and hips low while pushing, which has really shown.

When I got on my sled for the first day of sliding everything just felt right. I didn't change anything from the end of last season. I finally felt like my sled was mine at the end of last year and I didn't want to do my normal re-padding job during the summer. Glad I didn't!

Schedule for the first half:
Whistler Nov 17th - 27th
Race #1 Nov 25th
Calgary Nov 28th - Dec 3rd
Race #2 Dec 2nd
Park City Dec 5th - 10th
Race #3 Dec 9th
Lake Placid Dec 12th -19th
Race #4 FRIDAY Dec 17th!

I'm really excited for this season!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a blog by annie again?!? woohoo! finally! congrats again. can't wait to see you race in lake placid.
<3 kate

Erin said...

love the blog annie! congrats!! just like kate said, i can't wait to see you race in Placid!!