Wednesday, February 6, 2008

If you can't win, Go out with a bang...

Well the Konigssee race was a little bit interesting. I have never crashed and never lost my sled. Training was going well, the track was hard but I wasn't messing up completely and I was staying on my sled. 

The race was fun, after the first run I was in 17th place, I was so excited for the second run because I skidded a lot on the first and was ready to correct my mistakes. I got to the line and was ready to go. Nothing was different and I was ready to do well. My Kreisel (a 360 degree corner with a lot of pressure and a lot of loops) was going well so I thought. I got in and got all my steers correct, until the last one. I think I was a millisecond too late I came out and was extremely high. I should have relaxed as Martin had said to do all week. Instead I got a little nervous and drove out when I really should have tried to stay on the corner. I came out and well here if you would like to watch the rest I'll post the link.  

The crash looks way worse than it really was, so no one be scared. I was perfectly fine just a lot of black and blues and ice burn all over my butt. That was the worst part. So check this out...
http://www.fibt.com/index.php?id=169
Click on Womens skeleton Konigssee race.

After all that I had to go home and get better, and race the team race on Sunday. I was so nervous to race and I really wanted to say no but I didn't want to let everyone else down. I knew I had to get back on my sled as soon as possible. I was all warmed up, my butt was healed and I was almost ready to go down. I was so glad Emily and Jamia were there to keep me company. Martin kept checking on me to make sure I was doing okay also. I got to the line and thought tears were going to come to my eyes as corny as that sounds. I couldn't help it. But the second I pushed and got on my sled I didn't think about anything just each corner as they came. My kreisel was the best it had been all week. Everyone was excited for me at the bottom, and I was so happy I went down the track before leaving Konigssee.

As a team we placed 3rd, it was such a cool feeling. We were all saying it was awesome to have our first world cup medal, even if it was just in the team race!

No comments: