Sunday, January 27, 2008

St. Mortiz Race #6

This was a great race, St. Mortiz is beautiful as I know I have said a million times already. But if you watched the race online you could agree.

I thought the race went well, I was really excited because training went so well. My first run was good but I made a few mistakes that I hadn't made in training. Which in my opinion really stunk but you have to expect it for the first race on any track. I didn't mind too much I just wanted to have a good second run. It was a good run in the parts that I wanted to fix. But I made other mistakes. Thats fine though, because I was so excited to be there! I think its good to make mistakes because you learn how to correct things when they matter.

This year I am working on my consitensy, and using this as a learning experience. Since I haven't been to three of the tracks this half I want to do the best I can and learn a lot while doing it.

We made it to Konigssee last night. Our hotel is a little weird. I know I am back in Germany though. It is set up odd so to get to our rooms we walk downstairs and through a tunnel then up the stairs again. Wonder what the tunnel was used for?? My room is so cold. The heater is hidden by a desk and doesn't heat the room too well, so it was a cold night of 59degrees. I'm hoping it warms up, I slept in socks, pants and a sweatshirt and I haven't done that in forever. Kind of funny! But it keeps it interesting!

I have to go explore the rest of this place and take lots of pictures for Kaitlin. We have the today and tomorrow off so hopefully we will do something cool!

No comments: