Friday, May 30, 2008

Season Recap

So I just thought I would let everyone know in one post what my race results were this season. I know I put them in separate posts, but I was thinking about all my races today so why not put them up.

Well let me just say that my first world cup race ever wasn't as nerve racking as our US team trials are. I was shockingly relaxed almost the whole season. Except after my mishap in Konigssee I was a little bit afraid to go down the track again but I did awesome.

World Cup Season 07-08
Race #1 Calgary, Canada-10th place
Race #2 Park City, Utah- 10th place
Race #3 Lake Placid, NY- 12th place
Race #4 Cesana, Italy- 17th place
Race #5 Cesana, Italy- 19th place
Race #6 St. Moritz, Switzerland- 14th place
Race #7 Konissee, Germany- Crashed! Disqualified second run, lost my sled
Team Competition Konigssee, Germany 3rd place- redeemed myself had the best run of the week!
World Junior Championship Igls, Austria- 9th place pulled my hamstring on the first run, talk about bad!

I chose to give up my own spot for World Championships because I knew I wouldn't have been able to compete at my full potential. It was really depressing at the time, but now that the summer has come and workouts have started I realize how glad I am that I made that decision. For once an injury I had healed correctly. I am pleased that I won't be spending all summer re injuring myself and just not performing at my full potential.

Instead I am beating all of my max lifts and its only the beginning of the summer! I am really excited and glad that I am working this hard! I can't wait for the season even though its such a long way away. Everyday I improve during the off season gives me more confidence for the upcoming season!


2 comments:

Kaitlin said...

yay Annie! I bet you could bench press me. Hope you're having fun in Chula Vista!
miss you!

Kaitlin said...

hey annie, are you going to colorado springs? mom said you might be!!! colorado will be so cool, i want to go!

love, kate