Saturday, August 9, 2008

2008 OLYMPICS

So the Olympics have started and I think for the next two weeks I will be glued to the TV! I love watching all the athletes in the Games, every country! Of course though my favorite thing ever is to see the US sweep the podium! But it is also great when a country who has never won a medal wins one. Any medal, gold or not!

I wish that the TV coverage would show more athletes and events though.There are 19 Olympians that I know from the training center, and according to the TV schedule we will only see 4 or 5. Some is better than none though.

I don't know if anyone watched opening ceremonies last night (everyone should have) because they were amazing! The parade of nations was great, there are so many countries I didn't even know existed. The lighting of the torch though I will say was unbelievable to say the least.

The US medal count as of 5:00 pacific standard time is
3 Medals
1 Gold
1 Silver
1 Bronze

GO USA!!!

No comments: