Monday, February 2, 2009

6th place in Igls ICC Race

I finished in 6th place yesterday for the 7th ICC race of the season! I am really excited. I was in third after the first run, but some of the girls had a really bad first run so I wasn't too sad at how I fell back.

It was such a good race day, the sun finally came out for the first time yesterday which was crazy that it wasn't out all week because Igls is the most beautiful stop on tour and is supposed to always have the best weather. The trees were covered in snow, and standing in the sun was by far the best place to be. The only problem was that it got really windy and all of the snow blew into the track from the trees after a few people had gone. I was 8th off and there was so much snow in the track.

No complaints though, my first run was pretty decent I made a few mistakes and found all the snow. I was really relaxed when I got to the line though which was a good thing. For the second run I was just going to have my best run all week. I pushed a 5.49 my goal was to be under the 5.50 mark which I was and that was the fastest I have ever pushed in Igls I was pretty excited.

My run was great, I might have been driving a little too much in places I didn't need to be, but Kriesel was perfect for the first time all week! I was excited. When I got to the bottom and saw my time, I was only a little disappointed because I thought it would have been faster. Mr Rettl, Martin Rettl's dad came running up in the outrun to take my sled for me and give me a big hug. He is so sweet he comes to training and our races when we are in Igls, its just like having Martin there to give you a hug and a big smile.

The day was pretty awesome, I am glad to have been on the podium for
second half. I am hoping that next week in Konigssee goes well too. We are leaving today, sliding doesn't start till Wednesday so you will have to wait and see what sightseeing I do this time! Instead of medals you get a cup, I love it!



No comments: