Monday, October 27, 2008

Team Trials have ended

Well the past month has been a little rough. The first few days of sliding were going pretty well, until I hit the wall with my shoulder and left a big burn in it, and now a hole. I had to take about five days off from sliding right before Lake Placid team trials. I must say my timing is really horrible for most of my injuries. I finished the two races in Lake Placid in 5th and 4th, not my best and I knew I could have done better. I was a little disappointed but was ready to head to Park City to finish the last two races.

I thought Park City was going to go great. I was hoping my shoulder would be almost healed, but it had actually started hurting more. I don't want to describe in detail anything about it, in case people don't like that kind of stuff. So if you want to see a picture or let me explain to you how it felt and still feels call me or email me I will be glad to tell you. I will say when it first happened for at least the first four days I didn't look at it, and every time sports med touched it I almost fainted. I probably almost fainted eight times a day. It was rough. Ok enough about that, as much as my arm hurt in Park City sliding wasn't too bad. It didn't feel like last year, but it was ok. I tied for third after the first race, and was ready to throw down for the second, and instead I had a horrible race, I finished fifth. Disappointed again.

But I'm moving on and ready for my international races to start for the season. I will be doing the America's Cup race in Park City this weekend just to get more sliding and then I am headed to Calgary for the America's Cup again for more training. First half of the season I will be in North America and who knows if I do really well I might be able to get back on the World Cup team. But until then I am glad that I am still doing all of the races I can this year. It will be a lot of work but I am really excited anyway.

So for now if everyone could just keep there fingers crossed that my burn heals quickly, and stops hurting that would be the best.

1 comment:

My Life in Photos said...

Annie you can always tell me your digusting stories about your shoulder, you know I love them. Actully I havent talked to you in forever, can you update me on your life and i'll update you on mine. I miss you annie and you're gonna do great this year. I know it.