Thursday, October 30, 2008

This years race series

Well I have all of my races picked out for the year. Obviously it is a little different than last year since I am not on the world cup team, but I am still happy with how my season should go. To start with I am racing the America's cup races in Park City, Calgary and Lake Placid. I am doing these races for more training and just to get myself feeling more confident racing. Then I am doing the entire Intercontinental Cup (ICC) tour. It is the tour right below world cup (I have to update my website they just added this tour last season). We start in North America, the first race is in Calgary, the next two in Park City, and the fourth is in Lake Placid. After New Years I head over to Europe to race in the Europa Cup in Konigssee, Germany and then race Junior World Championships the following week. There are 4 more ICC races that month, not too sure of the order for those I forgot.

As of today I finally feel back to normal on my sled. I realized the other day that my balance point was completely off. A balance point is what tells you where you should be on your sled, you don't want to be too far back because it slows you down, and too far forward makes you skid down the track. After I got hurt I was really far back on my sled, and I didn't realize it till about 2 days ago. I am sliding much better as of today and I'm just excited now.

I race tomorrow for the first America's Cup race here in Park City. I am first off, which seems to happen a lot when we race, but I'm ready to go. I am just glad to feel like myself again and be excited for the season.

Well wish me luck, I'm off to relax in bed!

No comments: