Monday, October 6, 2008

First Day of Sliding!!

Today was awesome, it was the first sliding session in Lake Placid. The track was so smooth, the best its been at the beginning of any season so far! The ice was pretty quick for it being the first run and all.

My sled is amazing, it did everything I wanted it to do, I couldn't be happier!! I can't believe how cold it is now, there was a little bit of snow on the ground at the top of the track this morning and there's snow on the top of Whiteface! Crazy!! My new helmet is awesome also, its comfortable and it doesn't fog, its really light also, which is nice when you have a decent amount of G's trying to push your face in the ice the lighter the helmet the easier it is to keep your face out of the ice.

Yesterday was a good day, it was Caleb's Birthday, we went to Octoberfest at Whiteface and road the gondola to the top of little Whiteface, (which I didn't even know there was a little one and a big on) it was so high and cold at the top of the mountain, and windy I thought we were going to blow over!

Thats really all for now, have to go put some more tape on my sled then blow dry it to make it stick. Some of the tape decided to come off today, I hate when that happens its such a waste. I have to do a workout later also, crazy if you think about it, we just started sliding but we have to make sure we can do our workouts also to keep our speed and strength up.

No comments: