Thursday, March 12, 2009

In Lake Placid

I realized I haven't written much lately, its been a little boring in Lake Placid. Sometimes its a good thing to have nothing to do here but it doesn't give me much to write about.

It was getting warm a few days ago. I went for a walk around Mirror Lake and down Main Street with my friend and the little girl she babysits. It was a wonderful walk, the sun wasn't out but it was relaxing. Unfortunately, that weather did not stay, it got rainy and muddy. Now its back to freezing. At the top of the track today for sliding it was about 10 degrees. Normally in the middle of winter 10 degrees isn't too bad, but after a few days with the warm weather, its hard to stand the cold again.

Other than sliding, I have just been working out. I am not back into the serious training yet, just workouts to stay in shape and not feel too lazy. I have been doing crossfit workouts. I think they are the best cross training workouts.

I am enjoying just sliding for fun right now, testing some equipment and just taking more runs down the track. I am racing the America's Cup April 3rd and 4th, the last race of the season. I wasn't going to but I decided since I am leading in overall points, why not see if I can win the whole thing. I think racing experience is one of the most important aspects of a mainly mental sport. Even though I had so many races this year I think it will be good to end the season on one also.

Thats about all for right now. I do the same thing just about everyday. Maybe something interesting will happen soon!

1 comment:

Kaitlin said...

blog looks pretty snappy annie!