Monday, March 30, 2009

April Showers

Alright it isn’t exactly April yet but close enough, and it hasn’t stopped raining. It was a cold, muddy and wet day today. Sliding in this weather isn’t very fun. As soon as you pick your sled up and it touches your speed suit you’re soaked. (good thing our speed suits are really bathing suits, still get really cold though).

Its nice to be back sliding again. The week off was relaxing, more boring really. I had two decent runs today for not being on the track in a week and considering it melted a little this past week. When it rains a lot and gets warm the ice sometimes takes a different shape because it melts and refreezes. Track are always the most difficult after that happens you never know which way the ice is going to throw you.

I am testing a few pairs of runners (one of the most important aspects to our sleds). There are so many different types of runners and each athletes has reasons as to why they like the ones they do.

I think it is good to have this final race of the season in April. If you can teach yourself how to race tired, and after a long year and still race well I think you can learn a lot about yourself. So I’m ready to learn one last thing about how I race this season, I will tell you all about it after!

No comments: