Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Lake Placid Training

Training is going well so far this week. I actually just ordered myself some vitamins to take while on tour. I never realized how expensive they are especially because you have to make sure they are safe. Since we get drug tested all the time taking vitamins is basically at your own risk. Its best to use the companies that have a guarantee. The ones that send there vitamins to companies that test batches and make sure they are safe. Its such an ordel I spent a good amount of time deciding what kinds to order and what brand. I figured it out though and I can't wait for them to get here.

We start sliding October 6th. I can't wait. We don't have that many runs on the ice before team trials this year. Normally we slide for almost the entire month of October and then race but this year we are only sliding for about a week and a half. If anyone wants to come up to Lake Placid for trials they are on October 16th and 17th. Its beautiful up here right now, the leaves are changing and although I said it was cold the air is so nice.

Well, I have to go eat lunch and get ready to go to the push track. That's another reason why its nice to be up here now. The push track isn't on ice but its better than nothing. Its good to get the feeling of running bent over before we actually start sliding. So that is what I am doing today.

Hope all is well!!

No comments: