Saturday, November 8, 2008

Another 3rd place..

Just finished the second America's Cup race in Calgary and I finished 3rd again. I had two consistent runs today, which is what my ultimate goal is. All in all I am pretty excited with how I finished today also.

There is a girl Tionette from new Zealand and the two of us always have runs within a few hundredths of each other. Of course thats how it was today after the first run she had a 59.71 and I had a 59.72 its crazy how that happens, one hundredth is nothing its weird to think about loosing or winning by that amount. She had an amazing second run though, I made a mistake or two so I stayed in third and she moved from second place to first. Its fun when the competition is that intense though and you are so close to someone. I'm glad when she does well, and she is glad when I do well. These races were funny crazy though because we pushed the same for a few of the runs.

We got the coolest trophies, I got matching ones since I finished 3rd for both races. I'll post a picture of the medal and trophy, I got two or ea
ch but only took a picture of one.

There is a party tonight (the
FIBT always has them after most races) its convienent this time though its at the bar that is in our hotel, so we can go for and hour or two then go back to our room and go to sleep. We are going to drive back down to Utah tomorrow morning we will probably leave at 6 or 6:30am try and get on the road as soon as possible for this 14 hr drive.

I have to go start packing, we want to pack the car before it gets too dark and we are planning on going to the 4-man bobsled race at 6:00 tonight to cheer on our bobsled teammates.

I'm excited to get back to Lake Placid and just have some fun sliding time. My confidence is up and I am ready to just go slide on the Lake Placid track and love it again, since I didn't have the best time when we started sliding there in the beginning of the season.

Thats all for now! I'll be back in the States tomorrow! Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!

1 comment:

Kaitlin said...

wow, a picture! high-tech! good job (on the race, that is). =)