Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Back in Lake Placid

Its nice to be back in Lake Placid. We got in about 1:00 last night, its just so nice tocome back from a trip of sharing beds and being in hotels to go and sleep in your own bed under your own blankets. Needless to say I slept in this morning and didn't feel the need to wake up for 8am sliding (and I didn't have my sled, I braved the chances and gave it our bobsledder again, I mean you can't break down twice in one trip right!!) But today was the fastest day of triaing I think ever. The boys and girls broke the track record set on race days. The ice was speedy today. Kinda crazy.

Hopefully I will slide tomorrow morning, but until then I have to unpack, which is the worst part about it all. Next trip I have decided I am not bringing as many clothes as I normally do. I barely wear my regular shirts, I think I must stay in my sliding clothes the majority of the time, who needs to put jeans and a nice shirt on!

I was really excited when I put my suitcase on the scale and it weighed 48lbs a pound and a half lighter than on the way out. I don't really know how that happened since I could have sworn I had more stuff in it! My runner case was lighter also, always a plus no extra charges for 2 bags on Southwest you have to love flying them. If only they flew internationally.

Alright back to my laundry I have to go move it out of the broken washer and put it in a working one, since I do want my clothes cleaned. Then I have to eat lunch and workout.