Saturday, December 8, 2007

Another top 10 finish in Second Race

Park City World Cup was great. The first day of official I pr'd both of my runs, I was so excited to be in the 50 second category. The next two days didn't go over too well. I just wasn't sliding well. I'm thinking it was the lack of sleep I was getting. I'm not too sure if I had gotten used to my normal roommate Courtney or if Katie and I are just on different time zones and pages. Anyway though. who knows I still ended up doing very well.

The night before the race there is what we call a race draw, your number for the race gets chosen randomly for you by a computer. They only seeded the top ten in this race and since I finished tenth in Calgary that included me. Lucky me of course I drew number 1, I wasn't surprised I actually it the day before to my teammates. Just like team trial 2 out of 4 races I was first. I must have been pretty nervous the night before the race because I got about 4 hours of sleep. My sisters will tell everyone I wrote them text messages asking if they would sing me a son to make me fall asleep. Well no one came through and sang to me, so I was out of luck.

Nerves aside, or so I thought I was first off. I wanted to have a good run. In team trails my first runs weren't too fast, but I made up time on my second one. Well I decided not to do it any differently for the world cup race. I got to the bottom and thought I had a good run, I really didn't make any mistakes, and then I noticed the time wasn't that fast. Well thats ok though I figured because I would just go faster my second one. I finished the first heat in 12th which I was still proud about, but I really wanted to be in the top 10 again.

I had a great second run, one mistake but my run was 3 tenths faster, and in my sport thats a lot! I moved up 2 spots finishing the race in 10th place.I was really excited, I got to stand in the winners box for a sled, until my teammate Courtney came down, she had a great second run as well and moved up a few spots! For anyone who was watching the race live, I hope I didn't look too funny on camera.

Overall I am so excited about world cup so far, and I am ready for the race in Lake Placid. I love this track. We slid this morning at 8 after getting 4 hours of sleep because of course our flight was delayed in Chicago.

Thanks for the comments everyone, and for being interested in me. I hope I talk enough about the races. If not and you want to know something else just ask and I would love to answer it for you!

The race is on Friday this week!! Stay tuned! Thanks!!

3 comments:

Kaitlin said...

you bum, i didn't get a text message! you must mean those other sisters. :P

My Life in Photos said...

hey annie, i really would of called you but i had a big test that day and needed my sleep lol i promise next time ill call you back and sing you a song lol.

well i am very proud of you !! hope you do good in lake placid too bad i cant be there to watch this year! good luck

Erin said...

yea annie!!woo hoo thats awesome!!! haha i got your text message at about 7th period the next day so obviously i couldn't call and sing to you then. I know im putting this comment up really delayed but thats because for some reason it wouldn't let me leave comments. But anyway you must get bored so that is why im rambling on so you have something to do. I can't wait until you come home!!!!!!