Monday, December 10, 2007

Lake Placid, NY

Well, its really nice being back in Lake Placid, there is a ton of snow on the ground and its been snowing since we've gotten here on and off though. After a long trip back east and no sleep then sliding in the morning its been a long few days.

We were supposed to have sliding this afternoon but it was canceled since all of the countries but us shipped their sleds on a transport truck to get to Lake Placid. The truck is late because of storms on the dive out, so no sliding for anyone. Its would be nice to do that so you don't have to bring them to the airport but we always bring ours with us so we can get extra sliding time. We are hoping they come this evening so we can all still slide at 7:30 or around then. Who knows though.

I hope we can slide, I need the runs here though because the track is so different from team trials. To change the track the add water on a lot of the corners and give the track more of a bowl shape. This basically makes the track easier, the track crews like to make the tracks easier because they take pride when there is a race and someone gets a track record. The track looks great and all, very smooth but we got used to it during trials and well now its almost like new. I still think most people will have more trouble than we are though so that's good.

I am currently in the process of moving my room to a room down the hall. I asked for a new roommate for the next housing period and so far I like it. Its just me and Courtney this week. I am trying to catch up on school work and finish my finals for my online class and hopefully do well on my accounting and economics test. I found accounting to be very difficult on my own so I'm not sure how well that will be. I still have some of my internship left and I don't know how I am going to get all this done but I'm sure I will do my best, especially because I have to!

Speaking of school work I should go start on my marketing final. Hope everyone is well!

1 comment:

My Life in Photos said...

hey annie guess what i am moving down the hall too! im changing to a different quad but i kno all the ones in the new one so hopefully it will be better. i might mve at the end of this week or when i come back from break idk yet.

but good luck on all your finals and your race!!