Sunday, December 16, 2007

11th in Race #3

Well the third race in Lake Placid was alright. I finished in 11th place, but I wasn't too happy right away. I was in 7th place after the first run, and was so ready for my second. I pushed faster, got on my sled and was ready to go. I had almost the same run as my first, except for the fact that out of one of the corners I must have been in a place where most of the other athletes didn't go. I was against the left wall and then crossed over to be against the right wall. This is normally great except most people can't do it. Since it was snowing I got stuck in the snow on the track and it really slows you down. It was an even bigger problem because it was at the top of the track where you are supposed to pick up all your speed. I just didn't really pick up my speed because I had a nice run.

The race reminded me of my senior year at the state meet. It was the hurdle race of the pentathlon and it was windy, I must not have been on my game or something because I four stepped between hurdles. I had never done that in my life. I was really disappointed in myself, so I took a few minutes but new I had to move on because I had four more events. So I will just take this race and move on, not let it effect me and just keep training till we leave for Europe in January.

I'm still proud of myself because it was only my third world cup race, I just thought it could have been better. Its never fun getting to the bottom and seeing on the time clock 5 instead of 1. Well Live and Learn.

It was so nice that Mom, Aunt Susie, Uncle Jimmy, and Evan got to come. They drove all the way up in a snow storm just to see me, I was so excited. We went out to dinner, good thing because the training center food has been so bad! It think everyone had a good time, we walked around town, they went shopping, and I gave a tour of the training center.

It was a great weekend and I was going to race in the team race today. Once in a while they do one male skeleton athlete, female skeleton athlete, one men's and women's bobsled everyone gets one run and they combine all four times. They had to cancel it though because the weather is bad and they don't want anyone out if they don't have to be. Too bad it was going to be fun! Maybe next time!

4 comments:

Kaitlin said...

good job annie!!!!

when will you be home?

Almanzar said...

Great Job Annie!

I am so proud of you!
I am so sure that the fact that I was your teacher has something to do with how well you are doing...right?

I tell everyone about you. I feel as if your accomphisment were mine. I am very happy for you!

FELICIDADES!

Kaitlin said...

nice speed suit you get to wear!!

Erin said...

nice job annie! sorry i couldn't come to watch i really wanted to but of course i had a track meet. I can't wait until you come home its going to be so much fun!!