Saturday, December 1, 2007

Top 10 First World Cup Race Calgary

Well I have to apologize for not writing my accomplishments of the first race sooner. The Internet in our hotel stopped working on Monday so I couldn't even write to say that the week of official training before and during the race was between -20 and -10 degrees outside without the wind chill. I tried not to think about how cold it was with the wind chill. You couldn't let any part of you face show or you just couldn't feel it. I must say I have never been that cold in my entire life. Just think, go put on a full body swimsuit that isn't wind resistant. Its not fun!

The race went awesome for my first ever World Cup Race. I had just about a perfect first run, putting me in 8th place after it. My second run wasn't as good and I made a few mistakes that cost me two places. I ended up finishing 10th.Even though my second run wasn't perfect I wasn't mad because I was so excited about how well I did. I had no reason to complain, not many people can say they had a top ten finish at their first World Cup event.

I was nervous, but I will admit not as nervous as I was for team trails. Its really hard to make our World Cup team and I was almost more relaxed to race in the World Cup. Crazy right!

I don't know if anyone had a chance to watch the race online, if you did thanks so much for keeping an eye on me to see how I'm doing! The support is great and I couldn't do it without everyone.

I'll actually keep posting about the week of training and right before the race. This Thursday in Park City, Utah. Its snowing here now its so beautiful!!

1 comment:

Kaitlin said...

GREAT JOB ANNIE!!!

I knew you could it. I'm so proud of you! Enjoy the snow for me because we don't get any out here in North Carolina.

miss you.
love, kate