Monday, December 3, 2007

Park City, Utah

We are now in Park City, Utah and it is finally not -30 degrees outside. I must say I am extremely excited to be able to feel my face. I thought it had fallen off last week, but I checked and its still there!

The weather is nice, its been snowing for the past 2 days but we saw sun today. I never did venture outside though, but I heard it was deceivingly cold. We were able to slide yesterday, just the US team so it was great. 5 of us had and hour and a half to take runs. It was nice except it was so snowy in the outrun (where we break and then get out of the track) that I couldn't feel my toes by the middle of the session because they were soaking wet!

Tomorrow is the first day of official training. I am so excited for this week in Utah. I am really prepared for this race since I won the last race of team trials here by about 8 tenths of a seconds. Which is like winning a 400 meter or longer track race by a few seconds! I had never been that focused and relaxed all at once as I was during that race. I just need to find my inner competitor for Thursday, as funny as that sounds!

My roommate is Katie for this week which is fun! Normally though she is the one not sleeping and staying up until all hours of the night. But it seems like the past few days I have been the one falling asleep at 2 in the morning. I think I have it covered tonight though, I'm exhausted and we have to get up early to go to the track. I guess I will be heading to bed. Goodnight Everyone!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah! Omgsh Annie- I go to your fb for the first time in months and you're on the World Cup US skeleton team?! AND you placed 10th in the first game. That's AMAZING (esp. seeing how I'm not that great on ice lol)!! Wherever you are/go, always take care of yourself and know that everyone's cheering for you! DON'T FREEZE! :)

Love,
Michelle K (norwood/jfk)

Unknown said...

Hey Annie,

We've been tracking your progress online, and keeping up with the blog. I'm really happy for you. Great to see you're using the blog so often. Let me or Steve know what else you'd like on the site.

Unknown said...

Oh, and good luck!!!!

Almanzar said...

Hey Annie!

You may not remember me but I do remember you!

This Mrs. Almanzar from Comsewogue. I am so Proud of you! You are great!

Keep it up!!!!

Jed Turner said...

Hi Annie,
Fantastic performance in Calgary! 10th place on your first World Cup is wonderful. I watched you on my computer and downloaded it so I could replay it later. Good luck on your next event. Go-Annie-Go
:D
Jed Turner