Thursday, January 24, 2008

Ready as I've ever been!!

The race is tomorrow afternoon at 1:00. I am really excited for it. We didn’t slide today but training yesterday went well. I think I have figured out the top of the track. It is the most important part here, it is so easy to skid and hit walls that you can lose so much time.

It takes a lot of focus to slide well here. The track is 1700meters long so there are a lot of mistakes you can make but also a lot of places to pick up speed. In training the fastest I went was 132km/hr. I’m not too sure how fast that is in mph but it felt fast so everyone check your speedometers! The start of the track begins in St. Moritz, but when we make it to the bottom over a mile later we finish in a town called Celerina. We end in a completely different town. I didn’t know until I was sewing my bib for the race (what we wear on top of our speed suit) and Courtney told me. I thought it was such a cool fact!

I spent my day off working on my sled, and just relaxing. I didn’t sleep very well for some reason so I watched one of the only English channels, BBC World it was either that or CNN and BBC was more interesting during the day. Caleb and I went and walked around the town for a little. I looked at all the very expensive stores and tried on sunglasses I can’t even imagine buying. But it was fun, I did find a book store with English books, so I bought 2. I figured I have a lot of time on my hands still so 2 was a better idea in case I finished the first one too fast! St. Moritz is so pretty, every time you turn you see a snow covered mountain. You really can’t ask for much more.

That’s all for tonight! Wish me luck, I’m really excited. My motto of course Relax and Have Fun! I have also added to my sled “Be not afraid of greatness…” Time to relax and go read one of my books! Good night everyone!

“I’m on the starting line for the rest of my life, Ready as I’ve ever been!”

No comments: