Sunday, January 6, 2008

Trying to Get Ready Before Europe

I haven't decided to go to bed yet tonight, so I thought I would update everyone as much as I could before I leave on Tuesday. The Internet in Europe isn't always up to par like it is in the US or cheap so I might not be able to update my blog as often as I would like. I am still not sure if I plan on bringing my computer or if I might just borrow Caleb's and Courtney's when I need one. I just hate lugging the heavy thing and my other carry on.

We just had the Bobsled Bo-Dyn challenge this weekend. It was actually more fun than I thought it would be. Some of the great NASCAR and NHRA (drag racing; top fuel cars, and funny cars) drivers where up in Lake Placid, and they really have a great time with it. The Bobsled Bo-Dyn project is bobsled technology to make the sleds the best they can for the US team, its a great project and we just learned today that they are starting a Skeleton project soon! The NASCAR and NHRA guys use sleds that don't have to the same type of driving or body as the regular bobsleds, these are very hard to crash and don't go as fast but its still fun for them. The race each other during the day and get an overall winner. Today Boris Said won today he is a NASCAR driver. All of the drivers had the New York National Guard men and women as their brakes and they all seemed to be having a great time as well.

They are all really great people, and I love how much they love our sport, everyone is excited to try skeleton next year and I think that is so great. They all took the race so seriously today and it really made me love watching them. I am also excited now since NASCAR and NHRA races are always on the speed channel and ESPN, normally I flip right through the channels but now I will be interested if I know any of the drivers. They put so much into their sport, and I like what they do as well.

I am also working on re padding my sled with waterproof padding. So far its taken me 2 days, I keep walking away from it though and not coming back to it, because I want it perfect and its not turning out exactly as I want it. I have to go to the welder also and he hasn't been in his shop for the past two days, so I don't have everything that I wanted to be done finished yet. At least I have till Monday night. I suppose I could start my clothes packs but I haven't gotten to that either, so much to and so little time it seems like. I think I will get a lot done tomorrow so this will be good. But not if I don't go to bed anytime soon, so I am off to sleep. Night everyone!

No comments: