Saturday, December 6, 2008

Home for Thanksgiving

After the race in Lake Placid, I drove back home with one of my teammates, John. It was a good ride we didn't stop once you save a lot of time that way.

It was so nice being back home for the week. The whole family was home for the first time in what seemed like a while. Thanksgiving was great and the food was amazing. Especially since I wasn't home for it last year. I was in Calgary last year for the world cup race, I went to Banff for Thanksgiving dinner with Caleb. It was a good dinner but nothing like being home.

Kate and Erin did the Turkey Trott 5km race Thanksgiving morning. I was planning on waking up with them and going and taking pictures. I didn't make it out of bed with them because I didn't get much sleep the night before. Sometimes I just don't fall asleep at night, I've decided if I get more than eight hours of sleep 2 or more days in a row then I don't sleep fully for a few nights. Kind of annoying but you make due. That's besides the point though, they came home and we watched the parade. I think I was packing and mom was making the turkey.

I love being home, I never feel the need to do much, just say hi to people and workout. I didn't get to see all the people I wanted to because the week goes by fast when there's a holiday. I prefer just staying home anyway.

I had to fly out to Salt Lake City the morning after because I was driving up to Calgary for he first race. So I packed up some leftover turkey for my carry on and was on my way.

No comments: