Thursday, December 11, 2008

Support Annie

Dear Family and Friends,

I want to give an update about how the 2008-2009 season is going so far. As you may have read on my blog or heard through the grapevine, I did not make World Cup this season. I had a shoulder injury during team trials and it affected my sliding and racing. Despite this setback, I am committed to working harder than ever in order to improve my world rank in skeleton.

This season I am on the Intercontinental Cup Circuit. The competition is very difficult and I am still traveling through North America and Europe for races. I finished 4th in the first race, and have 2 more races in Park City, and one in Lake Placid before Christmas.

A spot on the World Cup team is funded; unfortunately, the Intercontinental Cup Circuit does not receive any funding. In order to make ends meet, I am applying for a scholarship called America for Gold. America for Gold is an organization that tries to help U.S. athletes by awarding grants to them. The application is lengthy, including financial information, letters of recommendation, and a personal statement. Before I can be considered for the scholarship, I am required to have 25 people who will donate $5 every month, for one year. This can also be done with a one-time donation of $60.

This is where I need your help. I am asking for your tax-deductible donation of $60. By securing donations to my training fund before I apply, it shows that I am dedicated to doing everything I can to succeed. Please consider helping me in my training and helping me to earn additional, much needed funding.

If you are interested in helping me please let me know. You can visit the website at www.AmericaforGold.org, read about the scholarship opportunity and learn about athletes they already support. The link for the EZ giving form is http://americaforgold.org/_doc/EZ-Gift-Enrollment-Form.pdf. You will need to fill out this form, email me at annieoshea.com@gmail.com and I will send you the address to send it to.

I will let you know when I have received your form and when I have mailed everything (all of the application materials need to be mailed in one packet). The deadline is January 15, 2009. I know this is a busy time of year, but please take five minutes to think about it. Your support is worth more than you know.

Thank you for your time. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Annie O'Shea
USA Skeleton Team

No comments: