Sunday, December 14, 2008

11th and 12th Place in Park City

Intercontinental Cup races 3 and 4 did not go as well as Calgary did. In the first race I took 11th place and the second race in Park City I took 12th.

Of course I wish I did better in these two races because they were so important. Looking at it now, nothing was really in my favor this past week. I wasn't training as well as I would have like to be. I have not slid well in Park City yet this year, during team trials or the America's Cup race. I'm not really sure what my problem is, the only thing I can think is that the whole time I expected to slide well. And let me tell you it does not work that way. Unfortunately that had to happen for two races.

But now it doesn't matter and I am back in Lake Placid ready for one last race before Christmas break. We race this Friday, and I'm hoping the weather stays cold. There is a good amount of snow on the ground so its nice getting into the Christmas spirit. Sometimes while traveling it doesn't even feel like its Christmas time because there is no time to sit around and watch movies or bake cookies. I'm really excited to go home.

Wish me luck for Friday!

1 comment:

Kaitlin said...

good luck annie! you can do it!!