Monday, April 27, 2009

Beautiful Weather

I have been enjoying the Lake Placid weather. Really the randomness of the weather, but hey I'll take it.

Saturday was beautiful, I didn't have a workout just a little rehab in sports medicine so it didn't take up much time. It was about 80 degrees in Lake Placid. Me, Caleb, Becca and Diego (all skeleton sliders) decided to go down to Caleb's parents house. There is a river right across the street from them with awesome rocks that people lay on during the summer. Its always a little warmer down there so it was probably about 90 or so.

We grabbed some snacks and hung out on the rocks just relaxing. The river was flowing like crazy because all the snow from the top of the mountains was melting. I decided to put my feet in the river to see how cold it really was, it was serously cold probably about 40 or around there.

I felt the need to cold tub my legs, so I just sat down, firmly planted on the rock so the current wouldn't take me away. Becca went to the deeper part and started walking in, I decided to join and of course I lost my balance and fell in. This always happens to me. I fell in the river when we were up in Calgary last August using it as a cold tub I lost my footing on a rock and fell in. Slow motion really quite hilarious.

Back to this past weekend though, the water was so cold but the instant you got out of the water the sun instantly warmed you up. I kept getting back in the water and getting out to lay on the rocks.

All the runoff made the river filthy. People up here are always saying the fresh water is so nice and you get out feeling squeaky clean. Well not this weekend I was covered with dirt and Becca had her magnetic bracelet on and had so much iron stuck to it! It was so awesome!

Sunday wasn't the best day it rained, so I spent the day inside just relaxing. The sun kind of wore me out the day before.

Today was beautiful as well about 80 degrees again just a little windy though. I had a lifting and sprinting workout this morning. It was much better than last week. Well easier not better, workouts are always hard!

I wanted to get the most out of the day so I went down to the beach area in town. It is actually funny, they made a beach but its not the best sand even and well its a lake so I have a hard time calling it the beach. Besides the point, anyway it was very windy so I ended up just laying in the grass. Two ducks came very close to me, I almost thought they wanted me to pet them. People must feed them, which I think is so horrible because they don't learn how to get all the food they need on there own.

Tomorrow is just a sports medicine day and make a 30min bike or something!

No comments: