Thursday, April 23, 2009

Little catching up to do

Well I am back up in Lake Placid, but I had a wonderful time at home. I saw some family and a few friends that were at home over the weekend. I took the week completely off from training, it was awesome!

The only down side was that it wasn’t as warm as I was hoping for. It was actually warmer in Lake Placid the entire time I was home than on Long Island. I was shocked! I brought back my summer clothes in hopes that it would stay warm in Lake Placid. So far that hasn’t been the case. It is now pretty chilly and has been raining for the past few days. This weekend is going to be beautiful though, they are saying a high of 75 for Saturday, I’m hoping to catch some rays, maybe add a little color to my face.

This past weekend we had a BBQ at Caleb’s parents house a few bobsledders came and some other skeleton athletes. It was a nice sunny day and the BBQ was the perfect thing to get out of the OTC.

I started working out on Monday and let me tell you I can’t move too well today. I did 3×10 squats not heavy but after the second set I was already sore. I had some other lifts that added to me not being able to move yesterday or today and I’m guessing tomorrow also. Yesterday I thought I was going to fall down the stairs my legs were so dead. And today I couldn’t go up or down them very well. I am hoping my workout tomorrow will be doable.

No comments: