Friday, April 10, 2009

Home for Easter

I am home for a few days, back on Long Island where there is no snow and the grass is green.

I had planned on coming home Saturday with a friend but plans changed and my friend and teammate Katie was wonderful enough to let me borrow her car to drive home. I had planned on coming home today but I was so anxious yesterday that after lunch I decided to pack some stuff and hit the road around 3:00. It was so nice that she let me take her car home, it felt great not having to burden anyone with trying to coordinate rides and now I can head back to Lake Placid whenever I want.

I surprised my mom last night she thought my Aunt was picking me up on Saturday. I thought it would be fun if she didn't know I was coming home. It was funny to see her face she was just shocked, stared at me and said why are you home!

I haven't been home since February so its nice to be home for a while. When I left Lake Placid it was snowing and just seeing the green grass on the drive down once I got around Albany always makes me happy. I stopped for gas and when I got I got out of the car I couldn't believe how warm it was.

Its pretty warm down here today high 50's the sun isn't out but the grass is green and I don't need a jacket just a long sleeve shirt! I am so happy to be home and excited because my older sister Kaitlin will be home tomorrow!

No comments: