Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Calagry push championships.. a little late

Last week the team had push championships up in Calgary at the indoor ice house. Believe it or not its cold there already I didn't bring enough warm clothes with me.

It was a long week of pushing and working out. I was pretty much exhausted after the first and second day. It was nice though to just spend the time pushing and getting back into the swing of things. Its the funniest thing to push your sled for the first time after not pushing one for a few months. I always stand there for a few minutes thinking I totally forgot how to run bent over. I remember right away it just feels awkward.

I came in second, I had a pretty good week just got my conidence up some more. I wasn't able to bring my sled since it was all the way at home and I was in California, it really is hard to push a sled that isn't yours.

The push camp got me really excited for the season to start. I am ready to be home and then head to Lake Placid and breathe in the cold fall air.

I will post some pictures once I get home. Sorry for any typos I am typing on a blackberry and my thumbs slip a lot and I don't always notice!

No comments: