Monday, September 22, 2008

Wow 2 weeks went by already

Ok so I thought I was going to be really good with my blog from now on. So I took a little bit of a break while I was home and this first week back in Lake Placid. Let me catch everyone up.

The week at home was pretty awesome, I did everything I wanted to while at home. Saw some family and the few friends that were actually at home. It was nice just being at home, I didn't go swimming at the beach but I did walk on it and put my legs in the water. The Pacific is nice but I think I will always prefer the Atlantic. I really didn't want to leave but I had to. I train as much as I can while at home, but its nothing like the workouts and dedication I have while I'm at the training center. For the drive back I left my car home and just rented one for the day. It was good I really like the car but didn't realize until I got on the road the the air conditioning was broken, and it was kinda hot out that day. So I have 5 of my 6 hour drive sweating and just being so uncomfortable. It wasn't too bad, they felt bad and gave us a little discount, so it was worth it.

So now I am back in Lake Placid, where its been about 20 degrees at night. I'm freezing already and I can't even believe it! Its been gorgeous during the day though, not too hot just in the 60's but the leaves are changing and its been really beautiful. My workouts have been going well. The new track in Lake Placid was finally built, its really awesome to run on, I actually walked to it today to do my workout so I wouldn't have to borrow anyone's care or bother them. It only took about 15 min, not bad at all.

On another note, I have also been busy getting my sled and helmet ready for the season. I am so excited to start sliding. The changed a few things at the track and it looks so awesome. They covered the spectator area at the start, and a lot of the finish is covered. That's really all I can think of right now. I am back into the swing of things with my daily routine so hopefully I will be better at posting. I think I go in 2 weeks spurts or something.

Have a great day!! I will keep everyone updated!!

No comments: