Friday, January 23, 2009

After that a pitt stop in Venice, Italy

After leaving Cortina and heading for Cesana, we decided that we would stop for a few hours in Venice since it was only about an hour away. It was complete spur of the moment and we didn't have long time to spend there before needing to get to the hotel in Cesana.

Unfortunately the weather wasn't very nice, it started
out just being really foggy I kept hoping the sun would come out but it didn't. We parked and walked across the main bridge. It is such a cool city. I thought it was so weird just being right next to the canal the whole time. If we had more time it would have been so much fun to take a boat tour, but we were cutting it close.

We walked around and stopped in some of the Vencian Glass shops. The glass is beautiful, made right there in Venice. They make amazing things, dishes, decorations, jewelry. Everything and anything really, at a decent price I was very surprised. I wanted to buy the entire place, but I thought it would be best if I didn't.

We had lunch at an Italian place, it was cute and I had the best pasta ever. Raviolis with pumpkin sauce they were amazing! The waiter was telling us about the flood they had a few weeks prior. They got about a foot of water in the building. I think its crazy that the city floods but still looks as beautiful as it does! There is graffiti all over the place which is very surprising. You would think the city would clean it up.

If anyone is every looking for a place to vacation go to Venice, but wait till it gets warm because it started raining pretty bad which was not fun. Everyone walks around with umbrellas though and I really thought I was going to get poked in the eye with one. Luckily none of us did.

Really if anyone ever wants to go bring me with you please!! Thats really all I have though, since we didn't get to spend any time there. I'm just glad I got to see Venice once in case thats the only time I ever get to go.

No comments: