Thursday, January 15, 2009

Waiting to Slide

In case anyone ever wonders what I do while I'm in Europe, normally its just waiting to slide. It almost 10am, we had runner checks this morning to make sure everyone's runners were legal, now I am just sitting around until its time to leave for the track at 1:00 or a little before. Kinda boring day. We can't do much sightseeing because sliding always gets in the way. Sightseeing makes me really tired especially if you walk everywhere and I don't want that before a race.

The night before last night we went to the Hofbrauhaus in Berchtesgaden, they have the best beer. Its very inexpensive for beer over here, so much better than at home. Oh do they have such amazing pretzels also. The Hobrauhaus is the coolest place though, its so old and just the coolest atmosphere I can't really describe it. But to sit in there and think of all the people that have ever gone in to just hang out, have a beer or a secret meeting. I mean the Hofbrauhaus has been there before World War II. There is just some great history in this little town.

Sliding yesterday went much better than the day before. I think I almost have the track put together. I can pick up so much time if I just get 4 curves to be perfect. That would be nice so the Germans stop kicking my butt.

The past 2 nights I have gotten about 10 hours of sleep which is nice and all but unfortunate for me because last night I just couldn't sleep. Thats normally how I work if I get too much sleep for a few nights then I must decide its been too much and I have to deprive myself for a night. Lucky me right. I got enough but it just would have been nice to really sleep. I was almost half sleeping for the night.

Thats about it though, just hanging around. Today is the last day of training then we race on Friday. I'm nervous and excited which is good because last year I wasn't nervous and I think it hurt me. Oh and the euro has gone down a little today so I'm pretty excited. Might go to the bank across the street and take some money out before it goes up again!

No comments: