Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sliding Day 1

It was a fun first day of sliding, although I already have ice burn on my butt and a sore ankle. I swore to myself I was going to have a good Kriesel (where I crashed last year) every run this week. That didn't happen on the first run down the track. I came out and flipped onto my side, directly onto my butt actually. The I flopped back over but in the short amount of time it took me to do that I hit my ankle really hard somewhere and got a burned butt.

Its ok though my ankle is just sore I think I bruised my bone pretty bad, but I've been icing it. The second run was much better, I just need to work on my timing a little bit more. Its really fun sliding here though, there is a rhythm to this track you have to hit in order to go fast. Hopefully I figure it out by Friday.

I think I have beat the jet lag. Tonight will be the real test though. The first night I woke up at 4:30 or so then stayed up till 6 then fell back asleep until 7:45. But this morning I slept from 10:45pm till 8:45 am and only woke up once for a tissue. Crazy!! I really hope I get a full night sleep tonight that would be awesome. I haven't napped and am a little tired from sliding.

We went to the food store today to pick up a few things for lunch because it is not included in our hotel price since its the slow season. But I got some good stuff and some Nutella and pretzels. (yes I know you can buy that at home so whats so good about it, but at home I don't eat any I save it all for Europe!)

That's all I've got for now though. Nothing to interesting on this side of the ocean. I'll try to remember to take some pictures tomorrow so I can post them because its so beautiful here and its been sunny out so it's even more amazing.

No comments: